Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Trigger Warning, by Neil Gaiman

Okay, this is going to be a really short review because there isn't a lot I can say about this book other than I loved the heck out of it and everyone who hasn't read it should go read it right now. Seriously. Everyone. Go read it.

Still here?

Okay. So Trigger Warning is a collection of short stories written by Neil Gaiman and the audio book that I listened to was read by Neil Gaiman as well, which gave the book a very personal touch. Some of the stories are short, only a couple of minutes long, while others are complex stories over an hour long or more. The result is I never found myself getting bored with any one story, which can sometimes happen with a short story anthology, and I found all the stories memorable in their own way.

As you might guess from the title, a lot of these stories are really creepy in their own way and people might find them disturbing or distressing. But I found that they were a good sort of creepy or disturbing, sort of like the better written episodes of Twilight Zone or Black Mirror, it's a story that sticks with you and makes you think. Seriously, they were just really, really good stories. I'm at the point I'm considering buying a physical copy of this book just so I have it to read again or peruse it at my leisure. It's that darn good.

And that's really all I have to say about this book. With a lot of short story anthologies I find I don't have a lot I can say and with books I absolutely love I haven't got a lot either. This book is just delightfully creepy, strange, and disturbing and I highly recommend it.

- Kalpar

No comments:

Post a Comment